Turn-milling services very often used for machining of massive castings. In this case, the product is processed on a rotary machine, which has design features and a specific location of the faceplate.
The machining of products with the turn-milling lathe is carried out in several stages:
- Casting machining in accordance with the product drawing;
- Analysis of deviations and errors from the final data;
- Correction machining of the casting to the final result.
For high precision machining of products with the turn-milling lathe, one of the important steps is to configure the machine. In this case, it is worth considering the following parameters:
- The size of the working area (the diameter of the faceplate);
- Faceplate rotation speed and maximum number of turns;
- Saddle boundary displacement indicators;
- Saddle tilt angle;
- Lathe motor, its power and other characteristics;
- Type of cooling system and its characteristics.
Using turning works for castings and other types of metal machining, you can get the following product advantages:
- Products can have complex geometry, which allows producing parts of any complexity;
- High precision equipment allows us to process castings with extreme accuracy;
- Products after metalworking can be used immediately without additional stage-by-stage refinement;
- When using our machines, a minimum of waste is generated, they are very economical (most often no more than 10% of the material goes into shavings);
- The resulting chips can be used in further production.
When performing all turning operations, it is very important to conduct a uniform cutting process, the cutter must perform precise translational movements – this is the only way to achieve high precision machining of castings.
When processing metal products, the cutter can make these types of movements relative to the workpiece itself:
South Mechanical Foundry can offer turn-milling services for the machining of castings from various metals and alloys with a high coefficient of accuracy. Our experienced employees know how to configure the machine for the operational processing of products.
The cost of the work depends on the size, complexity of the work performed, as well as on the casting material. You will be satisfied with the cheap price and high accuracy of work with large products on the turn-milling lathe.
We are always ready to cooperate with the most demanding customers.